Diversity and Inclusion: 2017 in Review
This year was a year of firsts and lasts. Near the beginning of the year, we honored Dr. Michael Heagy and Dr. Jose Cerrato with our very first NM EPSCoR Mentoring Award.
Over the summer, our fourth and final STEM Advancement Program cohort of 12 students made up our most diverse cohort yet. They represented the following institutions:
- Central New Mexico Community College
- Navajo Technical University
- New Mexico Highlands University
- New Mexico State University Grants Campus
- San Juan College
- University of New Mexico Valencia Campus
- Western New Mexico University
When autumn started, the Natives in STEM project unveiled three brand-new posters.
2017 brought recognition to our great mentors, goal achievement for STEMAP, and shed light on three Native STEM professionals. 2018 better be ready!