NM EPSCoR Diversity
NM EPSCoR is committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion that recognizes and galvanizes the strength of difference to achieve collective NM EPSCoR goals. Our target is to have 50% representation by women and underrepresented minorities in all EPSCoR supported programs. The Diversity Team is a tool to ensure and enhance diversity and inclusion within NM EPSCoR.
The Team is made up of nine individuals of different ethnicities and genders from organizations throughout New Mexico and represents 11 of 17 EPSCoR components. Through monthly meetings, the Team is charged with creating a NM Diversity Strategic Plan, creating a Faculty/Student Mentor Plan, supporting Diversity Innovation Working Groups (IWG), and supporting all NM EPSCoR components in diversity matters.
NM EPSCoR Spotlights
In order to put the focus on the diverse participants in the Energize New Mexico project, we started a new monthly series on the blog—NM EPSCoR Spotlight! Each month we will feature one participant and one student in the project and learn a little more about where they come from, and what they do for Energize New Mexico.
NM EPSCoR Diversity Team Strategic Plans
2014 Diversity IWG Reports
- Determining the Drivers of STEM Educational Success in New Mexico
- J. Herrera (WNMU), M. Osgood (UNM), M. Shuster (NMSU)
- Leveraging the afterschool community and STEM stakeholders in New Mexico
- A. Casau (NM Voices for Children), P. Baca (SFCC), S. Brown (NMSU)
- Development of Primary to Bachelor’s STEM Education Pathways for Underrepresented Populations of Northern New Mexico Using Sustainable Technologies Curricula
- S. Gomez (SFCC), L. Spangenburg (SFCC), D. Hanson (UNM)