New DOE EPSCoR Solicitation: Pre-Application Deadline 1/16/20
DOE EPSCoR has released a new solicitation on "Building EPSCoR-State/DOE-National Laboratory Partnerships."
- Amount & Duration: $150,000–$250,000 for 2-3 years
- Deadlines: Pre-application: January 16, 2020; Full application (if selected): 3/27/20
- National Lab partnership requirement: Applicants must propose scientific collaborations that partner academic, non-profit, or industrial researchers in EPSCoR jurisdictions and research staff at DOE national laboratories
- # of submissions: Applicant organizations (entities) may not submit more than three pre-applications as the lead organization
- Who can submit: Academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and for-profit applicants from EPSCoR jurisdictions may apply as lead organizations (the latter two must include academic institutions from EPSCoR jurisdictions as part of their team); national labs cannot be the lead
These partnerships advance human understanding of the physical world by supporting fundamental, early-stage energy research collaborations with the DOE national laboratories. (Information on the DOE national laboratories including links to websites can be found at https://www.energy.gov/about-national-labs.) Participation by graduate students and/or postdoctoral fellows is required. Junior faculty from EPSCoR jurisdictions are encouraged to apply. Utilization of DOE user facilities is encouraged. (Information on the SC User Facilities can be found at https://science.osti.gov/User-Facilities/User-Facilities-at-a-Glance, information on the DOE Office of Nuclear Energy user facilities can be found at https://nsuf.inl.gov.) Applicants are advised of the following areas of additional interest: Quantum Information Science, Microelectronics, Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Energy Storage, and Plastics Recycling.
For additional details, please see the solicitation, or access it here: https://www.fedconnect.net/fedconnect?doc=DE-FOA-0002215&agency=DOE. Note there is a requirement to include a letter of EPSCoR jurisdiction commitment, and we can help coordinate support letters from our State Committee co-chairs.